Thursday, March 1, 2012

A proud Mommy I am

This past week I had one of my very first parent/teacher conferences with Savannah's preschool teachers. Yes you may be saying,"Really a parent/teacher conference for a preschooler?" Okay well..that's kind of what I was thinking when I first heard it. But actually it's kind of nice as a first time mother whose first child is going into kindergarten next fall to be able to see where she is with her learning skills. Since it's my first experiance with a child in school I have no clue where she should be...I always wonder, is she behind?...Is she ahead of the game? Am I challenging her enough? Am I challenging her too much?..Is she right on track? Anways, so the bottom line is it was nice having a parent/teacher conference for our preschooler. All my worries disappered after the conference, I walked out of the room feeling so proud of our little girl. The hard work that she put into this past year and I as her Mother had put into teaching her the past couple years while she was still at home during the day. Savannah's I guess you can say "report card" was a total of 101/104-this included her reading skills,writting skills, particiaption, recognizing shapes,numbers, the sounds of letters, the difference between a capital letter and lower case letter, ryming,ect. Her score for a kindergarten reading level was in the 90 percentile. Savannah loves to learn. She is much like her Daddy when it comes to that :) I know this is just the beginning of a super journey of schooling/learning ahead of us...but I definintly feel we are off to a great start.

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh. I can totally see you saying all this stuff while I'm reading it. And, yes, I was thinking, "really, a parent/teacher conference for a preschooler?" But I'm glad you got what you needed out of it! What a little smarty-pants!

    ReplyDelete